Subscribe Twitter Facebook

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Creative Xpress - Super Dino - By Janee Fakhreddine




For my very first CX assignment I was luck enough to work the Dinosaur Tracks cartridge. I love this cartridge because you can make the dinosaurs as real or imaginative as you want!

For my inspiration I picked my sons' cute dinosaurs they got from Build-A-Bear. They dressed them up as their favorite superheroes. Hence the title "Super Dino"

Here are the supplies that you will need for this layout.

  • Dinosaur Tracks Cartridge by Cricut (SKU # 29-1590)

  • Tiny Mosiac Texture A2 Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug (SKU # 37-1146)

  • Swiss Dotted Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug (SKU # 37-1604)

  • Granola Collection Pack by Basic Grey (SKU # 03-1377)

  • Glazed Granola Brads by Basic Grey (SKU # 03-1383)

  • Pearl Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels (SKU #03-3708)

  • Cardstock: Green, Cream, Light Brown (Kraft), Dark Grey & Black

  • Dark Grey Embroidery Thread



  1. Grab a 12"x12" piece of cardstock as your base. I always like to use either a sheet of a color I will never use or one that I used with my cricut that has holes in the back but I can still use as my foundation.

  2. Cut the Sunflower, Jute, Crunchy & Trail Mix paper from your Granola Collection pack and cut it diagonal.

  3. Adhere the Sunflower and Jute diagonal 1/2 sheets to your base page. So that it is completely covering the page.

  4. Then start folding your diagonal 1/2 sheet of Crunch and Trail Mix papers in to different shaped triangles. Start playing with the positions of the various triangles on you page. Adhere to your liking. This is what my page looked like when I did it.

  5. Grab your Cream Cardstock and cut Leaf #3 from the Dinosaur Tracks cartridge at 10.45". Adhere half of the leaf to the right side of your layout and cut off extra.

  6. To hand stitch the leaf, I just traced an light outline about 1/8" inside the leaf with a pencil. I took a needle an made my holes. Erased the line and stitch the Dark Grey Embroidery Thread through the holes.

  7. Cut a 4" Spinos Dino, 2" Tricer Dino and a 3" Pteran Dino. Add pearl glimmer mist and embossing.

  8. Cut your title 1 1/4".

  9. For the photo mats I used the pearl glimmer mist on the cream cardstock and used the Tiny Mosiac Texture A2 Embossing Folder on the colored cardstock. The frames have about an 1/8" frame for each color.

  10. Adhere all elements to page. Add the Glazed Granola Brads by Basic Grey and journal inside the leaf.

0 comments:

Link Within

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Powered by Blogger